Search the forum,

Discuss Insulation boards - anyone used these in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

marktiling

Hi
Has any one used XPS Thermal board (from the Underfloor heating store) ?
They are considerably cheaper than kerdi boards / wedi boards etc

I know you get what you pay for but these boards have very similar properties IE. thermal performance, resistance, strength etc

Area I am thinking using them is on concrete floor with UFH matts on top.

Thanks
Mark

S

Spud

when i looked at using these i found that the warranty with the ufh matts was invalidated if you use budget insulation boards , my advice would be to check with the manufacturer of the matting to see if they honour their warranty using budget thermal boards good luck Gary

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I've never used that actual board but I have the blue stuff which is the same as marmox but without the cement backing. That's sound stuff and my customers used to love it. Never had a problem with any manufacturers not approving it either. It was more adhesive companies that used to question it but when tested it always worked as well as marmox. Just took a bit of time for people to get used to it I think. And marmox used to bath mouth it as it crippled their prices and market share.

Just make sure your adhesive isn't solvent-based in any way (like a two-part flex can be?)

S

Stewart

I've used a lot of these boards, they are great for concrete floors are very competitively priced. I've also used their reinforced ones for timber floor without any problems. I haven't seen any literature regarding voiding guarantee's from other heat-mat companies as to what insulation boards you use under their mats. Here's a couple of pics from last instal.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

IMG_0257.jpg IMG_0261.jpg IMG_0258.jpg IMG_0275.jpg IMG_0271.jpg IMG_0354.jpg IMG_0357.jpg

S

Stewart

Yeah nice floor mate. Why aren't you using uheat and the forum discount if you don't mind me asking?

Haven't had a chance to talk to them yet......I supply a lot of mats and the deal I get just now would be pretty hard to beat, but i will give them a call. I usually check out new suppliers and get quotes every six months, and I'm due to do this in December.

Reply to Insulation boards - anyone used these in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen