Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss I bought a dewalt d24000. Why you sell yours! in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Not much help as mine looks a bit different (about 8 years old)

20160827_133811.jpg

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
If I don't set mine perfectly level my tray will slide all the way forward or backwards under it's own weight and it should glide effortlessly.
I know it's hassle you could do without and you wanted it Monday but you need to send it back for a replacement.
They are a really handy cutter to own.

J

J Sid

Bought brand new in place in north of Ireland. Was thinking same about wheel being out of alignment. Have a job starting on mon, looks like it's back to using my plasplug cutter :( Very disappointed at this!
looking at your pic again it looks like that wheel is out of alinement to the left, maybe a simple fix to adjust it over

G

Gonzo1969

Bought mine from new. Sent it back as the side bed wasn't level with the main bed. Next one was better but still not dead flat. Also problem with the sliding action. Took it into my local dealt repair centre and the guy spent 8 hours rebuilding it.

Man what a great saw!!

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
There's little adjustable screws on the rails to move the upper portion up and down just adjust it till it glides nicely

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Just read the instructions it's all explained and has a detailed drawing with the screws numbered so u know what's what

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I sold mine , great machine but no good imo for large format,or owt bigger 400mm i think it was , as you have to turn the tile round to cut , if u know what i mean :(
I swopped mine for a montilot cutter , beast of a machine , much bigger than the dewalt but can cut over 1000 mm tiles

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I sold mine , great machine but no good imo for large format,or owt bigger 400mm i think it was , as you have to turn the tile round to cut , if u know what i mean :(
I swopped mine for a montilot cutter , beast of a machine , much bigger than the dewalt but can cut over 1000 mm tiles

660mm cut length without plunging/turning.
Must admit for 1000mm or bigger I don't bother with dewalt and use a grinder.

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
If u don't like the dewalt send it back and get a sigma 9p off eBay for about the same price maybe even the 9m6

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
660mm cut length without plunging/turning.
Must admit for 1000mm or bigger I don't bother with dewalt and use a grinder.
You can't cut a 671mm in half without it hitting the arm , always got on my boobies .
Length was not the issue really , just the width .
Some like it some don't, its not a crime ;)
Plus i only use my grinder on nearly everything now,

Edited to keep folk happy ;)

Last edited:
J

J Sid

You can't cut a 600 in half without it hitting the arm , always got on my boobies .
Length was not the issue really , just the width .
Some like it some don't, its not a crime ;)
Plus i only use my grinder on nearly everything now,
from blade to arm is 335mm !!!

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Holy smoke im 33mm out batman:fearscream::fearscream::fearscream: , i aint got one next to me to measure :laughing:as ive said, ive swopped it for another .
So i can now say without conviction that you can't cut anything over 670mm in half without turning it,im not on a 'i hate the dewalt' campaign , its a decent cutter, but not the best cutter for the money imo

Reply to I bought a dewalt d24000. Why you sell yours! in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks