Discuss I bought a dewalt d24000. Why you sell yours! in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

average

TF
Reaction score
Couldn't wait to get hold of this, now arrived. Opened box and very disappointed. Very bulky! Near **** when seen size of box!

Im now wondering why anyone who's had one and sold it, why did you sell it.

One thing I wasn't expecting is the sliding tray needs a bit of a push so it slides. I was thinking it would slide back and forth easier than what this does. Is yours the same?

S

Stef

The only way I would sell mines if I was buying a sigma.
The bed should glide on the rollers & I don't think it's that big tbh..

T

Time's Ran Out

It's a great machine!
Mine was 2nd hand from the forum so I didn't get a box and it was 3 years old then. So 6 years old + now and does everything I need, and the tiler who sold it obviously decided he wanted something different. I don't know what but I'am extremely pleased with my purchase and hopefully it'll see me out!

average

TF
Reaction score
The only way I would sell mines if I was buying a sigma.
The bed should glide on the rollers & I don't think it's that big tbh..

IMG_20160826_222624.jpg

This back wheel is catching. I think this is the problem. It glides easy until the back wheel inserts into the rail. Is this supposed to be like this or a fault. I'm getting suspicious because the store I bought it off had that brown tape where it's to open at. I'm thinking maybe it's a return item theyre trying to Pam off on me.

J

J Sid

have to look at mine tomorrow, but I think once the tray is on it should hit a stop when you pull it towards you, the wheel shouldn't come of the rail

average

TF
Reaction score
have to look at mine tomorrow, but I think once the tray is on it should hit a stop when you pull it towards you, the wheel shouldn't come of the rail

When I have first 2 wheels on, it glides OK. Wouldn't be able to slide it up to cut point thou without 3rd wheel on. Once 3rd wheel on, and able to push up to cut point, this is when it needs pushed with slight force rather than glides. Defo something up!

Can you check yours to see when putting tray on, and when it comes to putting 3rd wheel on rail, does yours line up perfectly or like mine in the pic!

J

J Sid

just looked at mine, as you say last wheel is of at start of run but mine glides straight on to the bar with no issues.
sounds like something out of alinement. If the first two run smoothly then maybe the last wheel is out.
where did it come from?
need to speak to supplies or Dewalt do a repair/maintenance survive

J

J Sid

Mines got 6 wheels!
3sets of 2.
yes, as has mine. Two stay on guild at start of cut and third set moves onto bar as the carriage moves forward to start the cut. I think its when the third moves onto the bar that it hits, mines fine. Sounds like that third one is out of alinement

average

TF
Reaction score
just looked at mine, as you say last wheel is of at start of run but mine glides straight on to the bar with no issues.
sounds like something out of alinement. If the first two run smoothly then maybe the last wheel is out.
where did it come from?
need to speak to supplies or Dewalt do a repair/maintenance survive

Bought brand new in place in north of Ireland. Was thinking same about wheel being out of alignment. Have a job starting on mon, looks like it's back to using my plasplug cutter :( Very disappointed at this!

Reply to I bought a dewalt d24000. Why you sell yours! in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks