Search the forum,

Discuss Husqvarna Ts 230 in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com.

DRK

-
Reaction score
Hi All
I’m new to this forum and this is my first post
I’m toying with the idea of buying a husqvarna
Ts 230 wetsaw for mostly domestic bathrooms
I think the attraction for me is the parallel guide system it has although the saw is not the cheapest
I have a DeWalt DS 2400 which I use on occasion but I mostly use cordless grinders and just dry cut outside
Any thoughts on the husqvarna...?
Davie.

Dhtiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
The dewalt although loud is a great saw. I bought a husqvarna right after they bought out target and was not impressed at all with the quality of the finish, though that was ts 250. Never liked the table top saws, maybe the briccolina, but overall not a fan of saws like that.

DRK

-
Reaction score
The dewalt although loud is a great saw. I bought a husqvarna right after they bought out target and was not impressed at all with the quality of the finish, though that was ts 250. Never liked the table top saws, maybe the briccolina, but overall not a fan of saws like that.
Can I ask what you do instead of wetsaws ?
Is it grinder work outside like I’m doing at the moment ,as I find this very time consuming ?
I’m happy for any suggestions you may have..

D

Dumbo

Can I ask what you do instead of wetsaws ?
Is it grinder work outside like I’m doing at the moment ,as I find this very time consuming ?
I’m happy for any suggestions you may have..
Do you have a score and snap cutter like a sigma 3c3m or a rubi tx

Dhtiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
As JCR said, score and snap cutter is the way to go. Grinders are time consuming trips outside. Ofcourse a good snap cutter like montolit or sigma can cost almost as much as a wet saw.

DRK

-
Reaction score
I might have accidentally given the impression that I’m new to tiling.I’ve been self employed for over 25 years in tiling and used to use small wetsaws which I would set up in the bathroom I was working on but I also have several sigmas which I use for the vast majority of my cutting.It’s been ages since I’ve bought a new wetsaw and the Husqvarna seemed on paper a good choice mainly because of the parallel fence system it has,as I have a couple of trainees who I thought might benefit from it.However since posting this thread I only seem to be hearing bad news on that saw( large,expensive,noisy),so I guess I’m looking for suggestions on what wet saws are good and the reasons why you would recommend.
I’m looking for ease of use and portability and robustness I suppose.The ability to set up inside a property in a small space is important as I’ll likely use it in the bathroom.
I don’t need it for mitring.
Price also comes into it but is low on my priorities as I’m not adverse to spending the right money on the right tool.
Any suggestions from anyone...?

Reply to Husqvarna Ts 230 in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As title suggests. Used to use this forum a while back but seems my account was deleted...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen