Search the forum,

Discuss Husqvarna TC670 problem in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

DavieA

TF
Reaction score
Ive noticed that some cuts i make using my Husqvarna TC670 cutter are leaving a slightly rough or jagged edge where they have been scored and cut and am wondering if this is normal or if its me, also occasionally when i snap a tile the snapping bar that comes down on to the tile in order to snap it stays stuck down on the top of the tile and i have to pull the tile out and ive no idea why.

Any thoughts as its driving me nuts:mad2:??

Cheers.

Last edited:

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Sounds like you need a new cutter blade. Also a blob of oil on the breaker would help

DavieA

TF
Reaction score
using the large wheel for the first time but coud always try a rubi one and see also where to put the oil on the base of the breaker or in the workings above it?

D

DEtileD

How many times are you scoring before you snap? Only ask as if you are doing it more then once a tile it is gonna craze. I tend to stick to rubi ts'
D

D

DEtileD

Hard to say but i would think that would be unlikely. A constant pressure without over doing it is the best to use. Second thing to look at then. What is the quality of the tile? If they are cheap the glaze itself may be the problem. BS don't really prove anything now adays it seems. That said do bear in mind a slight crazing is normal, which is why trims are used, Schluter-Homelux etc

DavieA

TF
Reaction score
The tiles are good quality porcelain and about 10mm thick, ive used the large wheel but may try a rubi one just to see. Maybe im expecting too much and the cut like u said will be crazed a little.

Another quick qustion what size wheel should i use on 10mm porcelain?

Last edited:
U

uug197h

its the tiles we have had the same problem with 600 x 300 x 10 porcelain tiles. we tried both size wheels and it didn't make any difference. ps don't put too much pressure on the breaker gentle no and off pressure seems to work best

DavieA

TF
Reaction score
Well maybe it is the tiles, dont suppose you have evr had the breaker sticking in the break position and not lifting meaning you have to slide the tile out and inevitably marking the tile face with the breaker??

Reply to Husqvarna TC670 problem in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen