Search the forum,

Discuss HSE Gone Mad or Not? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jamie B

Re: hse gone mad or not

Some's useful..some's just barmy!
Ok.
I UNDERSTAND!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Goggles with grinders (I have been to casualty with a nice chunk of travatine in my eye many years ago!)
dust masks with prolonged grinder use..
ear defence again for PROLONGED GRINDER USE!
Hard hat for OUTSIDE area's etc.
I DON"T UNDERSTAND!:incazzato::incazzato:
Gloves for fixing ...just makes it difficult, unless they're really thin, then they'd be useless against cuts!
Boots with the steel showing on the toecap being illegal..we spend half our lives on all fours!!! that's at least 100 pairs a year then!
Hard hats in finished rooms (I have been told to wear one inside a finished bathroom before!)
Same as above for Hi -Vis..will anyone really be driving plant IN A BATHROOM!!:mad2:

O

Olz

was skimming a big ceiling at a water treatment works, site agent said that if I don't put my hard hat on, I'm off the job. I called his bluff and got off the scaffold, handed him my trowel and said something like " you finish it off then, it still needs it's second coat!"

Then you got fired:lol:

No, then he jumped off it trying to show him how to do a parachute roll and broke both his ankles........:oops:

G

Gazzer

On the site where i am working we were all inducted and then went to work.
Tripping over cables along the way.
No lights in the rooms where we are tiling.
Offcuts of pipes lying around the floor.
Holes in the ground without any barriers.
2 toilets for a site with about 30 workers ( Site agents have their own loo )
Hard hats
Hi Viz

Supposedly No radios :smilewinkgrin:
No Phones :smilewinkgrin:

Seems like the only people who are really busy are the Health and safety people.....making up new rules to keep themselves in work.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
My company insists on the wearing of safety glasses on all of its working sites. This I thought was to protect my eyes from the threat of flying gravel or bits of dust but no I was told it is to prevent the risk of trip hazards. If you get something in your eye you will not be able to see where you are going and could therefore trip over something. Mind you you would nt hurt yourself nowadays from a fall cos of all the cottom woll they wrap you up in...

Reply to HSE Gone Mad or Not? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.