Search the forum,

Discuss How white is mapei white grout? in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

jwilf

-
Reaction score
So I've bought a bag of Mapei white "flexible wall and floor grout" for my kitchen splashback - like this:

My tiles are "Opal White" from Porcelain Superstore:

From the start I planned on using white grout as I want a clean, sleek look without the "busy" look that a darker contrasting grout can give. But now I'm worried that the white grout will stand out too much from the tiles, which are not actually white but a very pale grey. To be precise they are white, but with a very fine grey speckle printed on them.

I've done most of the tiling already and here is what the main wall looks like:

IMG_20200527_122936.jpg

Would be interested in hearing from anyone who has used the Mapei white grout with a very slightly off-white tile like this.

Other options I'm considering:

Moon White - is it just a very pale grey?

Silver Grey - is it lighter than Mapei Manhattan 2000? I used that in the bathroom with a pure white matt metro tile and it looks great, but I don't want so much contrast in the kitchen. However, a very light grey might work.

Thanks! :)

Reply to How white is mapei white grout? in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen