Search the forum,

Discuss How to tile over concrete floor sealed with chemical resistant urethane? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
I was supposed to have a concrete floor finish so I have a contemporary floor look. The contractor did a very poor quality job and I realized I need to cover all the problems with something, so we decided to tile over it. The floor has a water based chemical resistant urethane sealant and I have had contractors coming and giving me proposals. Supposedly the floor can have a primer or a some sort of membrane application that will help with tiling, but I am concerned that whatever they think can be put on the top of the sealant will not bond to sealant. Are there products that will bond to the water based, chemical resistant urethane? Or my only way is to sand it off? I don't want to sand it off if I don't have to. Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Bal flexbone would work well here. No prep just roll it out and tile on ut.

Reply to How to tile over concrete floor sealed with chemical resistant urethane? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen