Search the forum,

Discuss How to avoid slithers at each end of the wall!! Advice wanted please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

cairorugby

Hi

I am about to start tiling a bathroom. Walls are plain without any windows, just one recess that has been built into the studwork false back wall which is a feature and shelf. This wall faces you as you enter the room and it is where the wet area is situated. I have marked out my tiles from a centreline to the left and right and at each end I end up with a cut of about 10-15mm wide. What should I do to avoid this? Shall I move them slightly off centre so that the cut is all at one side?

Please advise.

Thanks.

I

Ian

You can use the centre line in 2 ways, as a grout line or the middle of a tile. So if your tile was 300mm wide and you have a 10-15mm cut at the edge, move it over by half and this will give you a 160-165mm cut each side. Hope this makes sense.

C

cairorugby

Great. I centered the tile and it works out just perfect.

Much appreciated guys,

C

cairorugby

Again, thanks for the advice.

Just to say; this is a great site with a wealth of experienced professionals willing to share their knowledge. Very much appreciated.

Reply to How to avoid slithers at each end of the wall!! Advice wanted please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen