Search the forum,

Discuss How Thick? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stoobydale

I am going to lay some Hardibacker board tomorrow, but I have a question. How thick will the bed of adhesive be if I use a 6mm square notched trowel and how thick if I use an 8mm square notch? The instructions recommend a 6mm but I only have an 8mm, should I just use it or buy another? That was 2 questions.
Cheers,
Stu.

I

Ian

There won't be much difference in thickness, probably a mm or so. I'd still advise to use a 6mm trowel so you ensure a solid bed of adhesive under the boards.

S

Stoobydale

Thanks for the reply Bri, looks like i'll have to pick up another trowel tomorrow.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
It is 1mm difference isn't it?

I always thought with square notch trowels the finished bed size is half of the trowel tooth size.

10mm - 5mm
8mm - 4mm
6mm - 3mm
3mm - 1.5mm

However, this is more a presumption, don't think i've ever been told this. So i could be wrong.

Reply to How Thick? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen