Currently reading:
How much turn over has Tilers Forums gained you in the last 12 months?

Discuss How much turn over has Tilers Forums gained you in the last 12 months? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Okay, so I don't want you to reply to this if you don't want to. The stats will be private, staff or myself can't get at them. They'll be public results, but nobody will tell who's voted what. You can ignore the thread fully if you wish.

But I'd like to get a gauge on how much business the forum is gaining members for the last 12 months, so I can increase that over the next 12 months as see if what I'm doing is working.

So click on the poll. And we'll take it from there.

I

Ian

That's fine matey.

If I remember rightly you didn't do bad on the other poll we did like this a few years ago? Might have been in the arms. I'm struggling to find it.

That too was incognito but you'd replied to it and said?

If I'm not mixing you up that is!
Yeah, I've had loads of work from the forum in the past, over 10k's worth in total and that doesn't include any jobs that have come from those jobs. One guy I met (a plumber) on a forum job about 4 years ago, I still do work for, probably half a dozen bathrooms a year, a very good contact.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Nothing at all in the last 3 years :cool: but i did get one job about 5 years ago which i was very grateful for :p
Do you use the find a tiler forum?
And do you ask where they found you when you have customers?

I'll work on some swimming pool related domains I have for you mate when I have more time.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
See, I was thinking the forum hadn't worked out well for the regulars money-wise for the past 12 months.

You didn't have me and @Dave around.

We'll get on it for the following 12 months and do another poll next summer.

I dare say a lot of newbies have got a lot of work very recently but I doubt loads over the year. As I see they're responding to the tiling jobs threads which have come in quite well since the forum change.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Must admit i never use the find a tiler forum !, most of my work tends to come from the swimming pool industry or my web site !, i alway ask where they found me, unless its obvious , thanks Dan some domains for me ?
how do i get my web address back on my posting page mate ?
Click your name and then click signature at the top of the forum mate.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I'm going to start a thread in the trusted forum, for those guys who have access. Please take a look in the next couple of days. (I'm a bit busy for the next few days I must be honest so it might not be today/tomorrow).

There are potential customers on here daily. And let's be honest, most need a good tiler, not just any tiler, we see far too much of 'oh well he said he could do this that or the other' and it goes belly up.

So we need to sort this out.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
We can still do more.

I dare say the regulars don't contact the potential customers enough. From what I can tell by looking at replies o jobs, they're usually not regulars who respond to the work and win the work.

The regulars on the forum perhaps just have it as a string to their bow and when people contact them via their website they perhaps sometimes just see a link from the forum and can scan their recent posts etc before contacting.

I can do more and I'm on it trust me.

Got a fair few websites for London coming up.

I just need to tackle the other forums first they need transferring over to this software because they're archaic in comparison.

O

Old Mod

We can still do more.

I dare say the regulars don't contact the potential customers enough. From what I can tell by looking at replies o jobs, they're usually not regulars who respond to the work and win the work.

I think maybe the regulars are booked too far in advance tbh,
Personally I'm never in a position to bid for work on here.
It's just too short notice, even with two months.

O

Old Mod

It's no joy Mark, trust me!
I even tried to actively reduce it this year.
It's just a pain!
Trying to run to schedule, the phone calls when u know you're not gonna make it.
Gets to a stage where u just wanna say *************************************!
But that's the thing, I certainly don't advertise, and if u google my website u won't find it, and that's by design!
And it's not me being big headed, it's just how it is. Could well be geographical, could be the way I interact with clients, could be I'm too cheap!
I seriously don't know mate!
Don't stop me worrying if works gonna come in either, that worry is there, just like everyone else!

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Hi to all :) I am here I think since last year. How many works I've got using that page - "none" because price what people write in responses is poor... but had a few good advises and glad to see other people works. I just realise maybe I shoud apload some of my works... Just need to make some pictures in future :)...
I doubt that we don't allow prices in the forum so it would be via private message so you wouldn't know what anybody else it quoting.

The first thing I'd do when responding is book a visit. I wouldn't even quote without seeing the job. So then it's down to you, not always the price.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
I picked up one of the recent jobs on here which puts my vote at the top end of the poll from the one job easily. Nice big project that's still on going for me.

That's the only job I've picked up from all the time I've been on the forum.
Unless I include what I've earnt working with Marc @3_fall over the past 2 years? That would probably collate to around the same I'd say.

Not many jobs around my area get posted on the forum to be honest. The one I've picked up recently us the first I've seen, and it's still a 22 mile drive

dynamictiling

TF
Esteemed
glasgow
Personally i haven't made anything from here but mainly due to the jobs being down South. I have really bothered with any of them, truth be told. I am mostly busy with June, July, October, November and December being the busiest. January being a hit and miss month. May is most often than not my quiestest month. I know a lot of other trades that are quiet May aswell. Cant just be me surely???? lol

Reply to How much turn over has Tilers Forums gained you in the last 12 months? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement