Discuss How many posts per thread-page is the right amount? in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi lads and ladies,

I'm going to ask you something important now and I want you to go and check some threads and think about it before voting on the poll attached to this thread.

You would have noticed some massive page lengths in threads this last couple of weeks. And some shortish ones.

The long pages had 100 posts in them per page. So a thread with 101 to 200 posts would have been 2 pages long. The first page being 100 posts long. Really long on a mobile device with a screen width small, like an iPhone 5 or whatever. Not so bad maybe on a iPhone 6 Plus or tablet.

What is a perfect length of page? How many posts feel right to you?

Currently 15 posts per page.

Have a count and play and scroll around a long thread. See what you think. Then take a vote.

J

J Sid

for me it can be as long or short as you want as long as it's got the 'new post' button constantly at top of page and it loads to next new post (as it does now) :)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
for me it can be as long or short as you want as long as it's got the 'new post' button constantly at top of page and it loads to next new post (as it does now) :)
Does it not bother you how long a thread page is then? So you go back to an old thread and its massive, and you can find a post you wanted to quite quickly?

The play of is either knowing the page mumber it was in and all pages being short so it is quick to scroll down to the post, or having less pages to change to, and taking a long time to read it all again to find the said post.

That's what I want you guys to work out.

J

J Sid

no doesn't make any different to me as I still have a good memory so don't need to look back through post to refresh it ;)

O

Old Mod

Is that from a PC users perspective or mobile Dan,
Because I only use mobile and for me, it's easier for me to find post on a longer page as I don't have to keep waiting for it to reload on next page.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
If I go back to a thread I just want to get to the last post without having to spend an hour scrolling up the post I've already read...if you get what I mean..

O

Old Mod

How do you go back to a thread mate?
Because if you use the email it takes you to last read. If you use recent post page that will take you to last post. And if you use back arrow, that too should take you to last post.

Reply to How many posts per thread-page is the right amount? in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks