Search the forum,

Discuss how long do you wait before filling a pool in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

brundlefly

does any one have any advice on how long to wait before filling a pool after tiling

a link to some technical details i could print out & could give to customer would be very helpful
ive google but cant find anything,

thanks

Reaction score
I've seen us grouting at the shallow end of a 20m pool whilst they were starting to fill at the deep end:yikes:

Which is SO wrong so don't take that as advice, but some builders just won't be told:mad2:

Dave (Gooner) will give you more official timelines:thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

3 weeks.. depending on grout i suppose.

It is covered in....BS 5385:part 4:2009.... clause 7.2.10.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
And depending on the size, I think they need to be filled at a certain rate per day so it doesn't break it's 'back' so to speak.

Reaction score
And depending on the size, I think they need to be filled at a certain rate per day so it doesn't break it's 'back' so to speak.
now go back to your forum setting up :lol: to make a pool break it's back is caused by hydrostatic pressure pushing an empty pool out of the ground and it usually breaks it's back :lol::lol::lol: :thumbsup: but yes to fill-up the pool slower is better, and with heating it up :thumbsup:

Reply to how long do you wait before filling a pool in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen