Search the forum,

Discuss How do I tile around switches and sockets? - How to tile properly around sockets in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Chris Y

TF
Reaction score
Hi
How do you get a better finish with the below switch please

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Do it the same as the switch on the right...

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
They are actually a pain in the backside , your cut has to perfect as the back plate is so loose , painful but can be done

Tony_C

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
The screws that hold that facing on are generally pretty small, they are only around 6mm long, I've tried sourcing longer ones as most new builds have this but failed twice after they were delivered and didn't fitso gave up. When i've done it i've had to loosen off the socket that is behind that and actually has the switches mounted into the actual socket backbox to bring it all forward and screw the facing on with a bit of fiddling around. It is a pain but can be done as widler said, i done two last week and didn't leave it like that
20190620_172745.jpg

Last edited:

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I've done loads of them, and they should be left like this...
IMG_20190627_190450.jpg

Take the face plate off, loosen the back socket, cut your tile leaving small tabs to go in between the screws to keep the back plate flush with the tile then screw the face plate back on..

Reply to How do I tile around switches and sockets? - How to tile properly around sockets in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen