Discuss How busy are you? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

L

LHowellCeramics

Morning everybody,

Just thought id pop by say hello has been a while since I last visted.

How is everybody coping out there?

I suffered a very slow start to the year although working everyday it wasnt my own jobs. Within the space of 3 days the phone went manic I am now currently booked up for the next 4/5 weeks. Has it been like this for any one else? Where are you based?

Although sat at home today this is due to typical customers ordering the wrong things.

All the Best

Luke

G

Gazzer

I am quite the opposite, been crazy busy for last 4 months but very quiet now. I know only too well that it can all change with one phone call....well I hope it will anyway.

B

BARRONBATHROOMS

Very quiet got 2 full bathroom refurbs on this month but only done 6 full refurbs this year! Been mostly bit here and there! Would go cards in (if there were any jobs)! Loads of local lads the same, merchants are empty! Merseyside seems dead! Too many so called (plumbers)me thinks

D

dave l and l

too many handymen running about
i have been busy since jan, but its starting to slow up now not had a phone call in a while, got about two weeks then nothing after.
i cant understand it. the only reason i can think is that people are looking for a holiday rather than a tile job,

P

Peter

Keeping busy enough. Working for the next 3 weeks then getting married and taking a fortnight off. Couple of things after that which just need the go ahead.

A

adamunited

Very busy at the minute as busy as I've ever been but you have to take it while u can I know how quickly thing can change. Based in Middleton, Manchester

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
up and down like a yo-yo, this is by far the worst ive known it in 30yrs, so far this year dont think ive been more than 2 weeks booked up, competing against handy men that charge a pitence and there work reflects that, builders and plumbers that instead of subbing tiling out or not doing it, have a bash at it for beer tokens ...

I

Ian

Still busy here, loads of stone work this month and next :drool5: Gonna need to get a few boxes of silicone ordered :smilewinkgrin:

ishi69

TF
Reaction score
Probably got around 8 weeks work at the moment as busy as I've ever been so I'm grabbing while I can as it can dry up fast. :).

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
busy enough,keeping 2 lads going most weeks,got 3 on for the next few weeks.
its mostly plastering though,well im rendering at mo,but lads plastering a extension and a house. got a few tiling jobs on,kitchens ,but nowt major.

although i know a lad who has been advertising on facebook,all tiling £20m2 inc materials, this applys for kitchens as well,and he aint worked for 3 months,his photos look decent as well

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
busy here, plenty of bathrooms some floor to tile. Got few boxes of silicone.:thumbsup:
wheres the silicone thread gone mods,why did my troll pic get unapproved,thought it was quite funny,he obviously was a troll,possibly a swedish one

edit,found it, weird :cool3:

Last edited:

Reply to How busy are you? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay