Search the forum,

Discuss How best to Tile a room? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mp3wizard

Hi chaps, long time no speak, after having all the trades in I've noticed some scratches on the floor, some tool marks and also the dreaded hairline crack on one of the tiles, it's an awkward position to replace, so I was wondering if there are any products you'd recommend to fill a crack/chip in tile?

After all the hard work I was fuming when I found out today

F

Flintstone

Good evening, is the crack on a cut tile, corner cut ? Unfortunately there isn't a lot you can do about it and it will get more visable as time goes on

O

Old Mod

.... it will get more visable as time goes on

Oh you're a bundle of joy Andy! :p

To be honest, having looked again at what you've achieved, take a deep breath and change it.
You'll be much happier when you do, otherwise it'll drive you round the twist.
And no, there's no repair.

M

mp3wizard

It is a cut corner tile, how'd you guess? It wasn't you was it? :p

Is there a way to remove it easily with the tools I've got? I don't have a dremel,

O

Old Mod

It has ufh doesn't it, do you remember if there is any around or under that tile?
If there is, it just became a whole new ball game.
What about the latex build up in that area, much or not?
I don't remember, did you fit an anti fracture mat?

F

Flintstone

It is a cut corner tile, how'd you guess? It wasn't you was it? :p

Is there a way to remove it easily with the tools I've got? I don't have a dremel,

Experience!

It's vital that you remove all the grout surrounding the tile before trying to remove it other wise you will damage the tile next to it. You could use a Stanley knife, carefully!

M

mp3wizard

Ok thanks, I'm thinking I might leave it for now, I have given the tile a really good clean and it's much less noticeable now there's no dirt in the crack.

Reply to How best to Tile a room? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen