Search the forum,

Discuss hi all, thanks, and advice needed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

James Stevenson

I really appreciate the responses to my previous request for advice. I have another. I am building a house in goa, india and am using the IPS (red or black oxide) cement finishes on some areas. If any of you has been to India, especially south you will have noticed this lovely out-of-fashion surface. Done correctly it is much like tadelakht- deep rich colours and beautiful gloss. Workers who know this technique are difficult to find. I went to Kerala to this place famous for their work: Pavaratty: Pavaratty Marble Due to lack of demand these skilled artisans nowadays are laying tiles but I was able to get a team to come to goa for my work, soon to commence. I asked them about using this outdoors and they said that is wasn't recommended because of colour fading. I am though able to procure sealant products from America and a recommended product called tk6 nanocoat appears to solve the problem of colour fading, also potential problems of fungus growth (heavy monsoon) and slip when wet. By the way I have used Attangudi tiles for my flooring and they look fantastic. kerala and goa march 2012 029.JPG thanks in advance, James Stevenson

Reply to hi all, thanks, and advice needed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen