Search the forum,

Discuss Herringbone issue in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi, we are having a herringbone pattern in our bathroom and the tiler has done one wall but then when he’s gone onto the next wall and the lines don’t match. Is that right? It looks funny to me but I’m no expert! Your help would be appreciated before we waste too many tiles and time!!

Reaction score
It should wrap around. Maybe he forgot to save the of cuts. Feel sorry for him doing herringbone around the window
Well I have no clue about this stuff and even I thought that’s what you do... I don’t understand why he’s not followed the wall round! Thanks for your help, I didn’t want to challenge him without confirmation I’m right

T

Time's Ran Out

I would suggest that he’s not even a Tiler!
He’s obviously dot and dabbing these tiles individually and short of wasting 2 walls of tiles, he’s going to cost you big time unless you stop him now.

Reaction score
I would suggest that he’s not even a Tiler!
He’s obviously dot and dabbing these tiles individually and short of wasting 2 walls of tiles, he’s going to cost you big time unless you stop him now.
Thank you, we thought as much but didn’t want to complain without a professional opinion. He’s also taken a week to do 1/2 the job he’d said would take 2-3 days, so our life is on hold whilst he’s been unreliable and not showing up when he said! Nightmare

L

LM

As well as what’s been said above I’d also make sure that the walls have been primed with an acrylic or sbr primer.

Reply to Herringbone issue in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen