Search the forum,

Discuss Help with wall before tiling in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

Menonot

Hi everyone I stripped the walls in my bathroom and have got 360+275 tiles to put up but as in the pic you can see the old wall has come away. I am going to knock all the loose off and am I right in using a bonding coat to fill the hole then can tile over that ? as only the bottom half will be tiled I'm lost so many ways I don't know as it's my first time but I do know NOT to seal all walls pv disaterous A lol. and what can I use to seal all skimmed walls other then that one ?thanks

IMAG0126.jpg IMAG0131.jpg

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of tiling on wood in a bathroom, I would take it off, strengthen the frame if needed and reboard it with plasterboard and tank it in any wet area's.

W

White Room

Your plaster looks like it has been double coated to build the wall up, I'd be tapping a few other walls to if there in the same condition.

Reaction score
Also I wouldn't tile over wood. Best to fix moisture resistant plasterboard or fibre cement board ( Hardie backer) then tile over.

Reply to Help with wall before tiling in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen