Discuss Help..Advice please - pics inc. - tiling bathroom walls. in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

V

vsp89

Personally I've done a tad over weight with ceramic, if the backing is sand/cement I would scrape any loose finish plaster and prime the render and tile on that....definitely wouldn't tile on tile though.

Thanks whitebeam. Any particular primer you would recommend? Tilemaster prime+grip any good ?

W

White Room

Thanks whitebeam. Any particular primer you would recommend? Tilemaster prime+grip any good ?

I tend to use sbr, it covers many areas of building work...some use other brands, just personal preference.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Personally I'd either knock it off and dry line or prime it and dry line over the plaster, looks a bit crap , even skimming it only gets it smooth it won't get it straight.
Just board it, it will take a plasterer a day at the most and cost £80 in gear

Reply to Help..Advice please - pics inc. - tiling bathroom walls. in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks