Search the forum,

Discuss Help! advice on bathroom tiling work in progress in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

A

Ade123

Hi
We were hoping to get some professional opinions on the current work in our bathroom. To our untrained eye it doesn't look quite right. We hired a contractor to refit our bathroom and were under the impression that he had a team of people coming in to work on the different parts but when it's come to the tiling and decorating it's just the contractor and his wife. We're paying quite a lot for the work so any thoughts/advice would be much appreciated.
IMG_6681.JPG
IMG_6679.JPG
IMG_6678.JPG
IMG_6674.JPG
IMG_6671.JPG
IMG_6670.JPG
IMG_6676.JPG

Rich Midge

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
The boxing behind the pan could certainly have been planned better as should the feed for the toilet. The gaps to the ceiling and the bath are movement joints and will be filled with silicone.

A

Ade123

Hi Rich, thanks for the reply. Yes, we though being able to see the side of the tile on the boxing was wrong. Understand the ceiling and bathroom will be filled. The grouting looked a little messy to us, although the tiles are kind of a wonky style.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
The boxing-in should have either been mitred (that was never going to happen) or finished with trim to cover the tile edge. Is there a reason why the toilet water feed was brought out at the left hand side of the soil pipe when I suspect the inlet for the cistern is on the right?

You would also like to think that where all the tiles either meet the ceiling/plaster and painted walls that it is finished off with a nice caulk bead. (It's clearly not finished yet)

The grouting as you say is uneven and the tiles really shouldn't be a problem whatever shape they are, the grout should be washed off and left smooth.

As Cam has said there's been a lot worse on the forum, but that's no excuse if you're paying top dollar.

Reply to Help! advice on bathroom tiling work in progress in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen