Search the forum,

Discuss Hello, advice needed on how best to convey my bathroom tile design to tiler in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

frangipan

Hi, glad I found this forum.

Just about to have bathroom and ensuite refitted and tiled. I'll be on holiday while this is being done and would like to know from the professionals the best way for a customer to show the tiler the design layout of the tiles.

Should I just draw the design out or get samples and stick them on a board to the design I want.

Just a bit worried it may go wrong without me being there.

Many thanks.

Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Best to discuss this with your tiler before you go away. Make a sketch of design and write down as much info which you feel would be helpful. Just make sure it's clear that the tiler understands exactly what you require. :thumbsup:

F

faithhealer

welcome to the forum frangipan, you will have to have a meet up with your tiler, your idea might not practical when the day comes so ask him to do a brief setting out exercise for you before you leave him to it. If you have the space how about setting them out on the floor for him

F

frangipan

Yes, we are contactable - we have had the whole house renovated and are moving in next week (before it is finished) so I'm worried in case I forget something. I'm a little brain dead at the moment after everything so don't want to fall at the last hurdle. Tiles can make or break a room and, as the budget has been squeezed to the last drop, the tiles have had to become cheaper. So the design is really important. Thank you for your advice to date.

D

DHTiling

Good advice above and please do let us know how it turns out and maybe some pics of the completed project..:)

Reply to Hello, advice needed on how best to convey my bathroom tile design to tiler in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen