Search the forum,

Discuss Heavy Duty Porcelain Nippers in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

tootall66

Can anyone recommend a decent pair of nippers. I've got about 70 metres of curved cutting to do in a 6oox6oomm Porcelain and i've already gone through a pair from topps tiles :thumbsdown:.
Grinding is not an option cos the tiles chip easy. The tiling buts up to vinyl with a formable edge metal trim and is all exposed, so it needs to be neat.

S

simmy08

i know rubi do a pair with replaceable wheels. There are other makes out there that do replaceable wheels. My marcrist ck850 blade rarely chips a tile as long as i get the cut right first time and dont use the side of it to trim.
Ive never used one but i bet those makita wet grinders would be good for getting your curve while keeping it chip free...just a thought

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
hji have you looked at the marcrist cc750 curved angle grinder blade?
i know you dont want to grind them but i would imagine this blade may help

R

Rich

For that much work I would go with Kilty and look at getting a curved disc.

I have a pair of the heavy duty porcelain nippers with the wheels. They are not bad, not as neat as square nosed nippers and they dont last any longer to be honest, give them a go but I should think youd be better listening to Kilty.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

I did this on my Rubi TX700

Attachments

• 030.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 105
  • js6.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 93
M

Max@ableskills

Thats a lot of nipping with pinchers! Decent blade on the mini angle grinder has got to be the best option!

G

Gazzer

I would be interested tio know what wheel you have in your grinder now. I think a good wheel and grinder is the best option too.

R

rubi

Hi Guys Rubi do a pair of nippers that are not wheeled but solid blade and from experience i think they are better. REF 65952 from any stockist. Dry cutting is now being outlawed from site work for health and safety reasons so that may well not be an option anymore, and dont forget you can cut curves with a tx or ts plus like phil. Nice looking job phil.

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a decent pair of nippers. I've got about 70 metres of curved cutting to do in a 6oox6oomm Porcelain and i've already gone through a pair from topps tiles :thumbsdown:.
Grinding is not an option cos the tiles chip easy. The tiling buts up to vinyl with a formable edge metal trim and is all exposed, so it needs to be neat.

70 metres curved cuts with nippers?? Respect!

Those who suggest the Marcrist should be listened to. In any event grind or wet cut to within 0.5mm of curve, then nibble./ Even ur Topps nibblers should cope with that.

T

tootall66

I would be interested tio know what wheel you have in your grinder now. I think a good wheel and grinder is the best option too.

Its a decent turbo blade from diatech on a Bosch grinder but its still chipping
I will ask the tiling contractor to supply a curved blade to see how that goes.
Cheers for all the replies

Reply to Heavy Duty Porcelain Nippers in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen