Search the forum,

Discuss Heat resistant adhesive and grout for behind log burner in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Subscribed
Co.Durham
Hi guys

As above , Any recommendations please . I'm tiling onto a freshly cement rendered wall within a fire place ..

thanks .

Dave .....................
If I recall correctly most cement based tile adhesives are ok to around 90 to 100 dgs cels. If higher temps then there are a few heat resistant adhesives on the market.

UK
Dave is pretty much spot on, cement based adhesives are normally tested up to 150 degrees C. The tiles will normally disperse a lot of the heat so the adhesive never really gets that hot. I've been involved in lots of projects where the tiling is within the fire place and never had any issues. Also make sure the render is at least 3 weeks old before you tile.

Reply to Heat resistant adhesive and grout for behind log burner in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I am planning to tile a full height panel of split face tiles to sit 3” behind a log...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen