Search the forum,

Discuss Hardi Backer Supply And Fit in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mattle40

Think I've been under charging for prep work to make sure I get to do it and know it's done right.
What do people charge supply and fit?
I'm figuring around £30 m² should be about fair
Any thoughts

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
depends on size i suppose, ive got one next week, 22m2 id get it down in half a day or so, so id be earnig over £300, id have a bit of that.
But fixing to walls would be a different story

M

mattle40

Ye I get that, I was talking floors by the way but I generally charge less than my usual day rate for prep as it's usually an easy day and I like to make sure I definitely get the prep work so try to make it as cheap as poss. Just having a rethink lately as a plumber I work with thinks it's too cheap

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
The one im doing ive thrown it in with the job, its just a square room, i will have it boarded and tiled in 3 days easy, so i told him id throw it in for nowt, he is giving me quite a bit of work

I

Ian

I think £30 per board is a bit steep. Materials per board are around £14-15, so £15 per board to fit. You'd comfortably be able to do 4 boards an hour.

M

mattle40

Yes I guess so, when you put it that way I probably just need to stop giving it away, at my current rate that's what it feels like.

I was just really wondering how others price to see if I'm missing something

M

mattle40

feel stupid even mentioning £30m2 now lol. Il definitely be charging more than I have been then as my last couple I've practically done for free. One customer even mentioned they expected it to be much more after I'd stressed how important it was.

Reaction score
feel stupid even mentioning £30m2 now lol. Il definitely be charging more than I have been then as my last couple I've practically done for free. One customer even mentioned they expected it to be much more after I'd stressed how important it was.
I work out how many hours it will take to cut and fit and then add that on to the estimated tiling time so that effectively it gets included into the day rate price of the job.

Reply to Hardi Backer Supply And Fit in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen