Search the forum,

Discuss hand print stain on encaustic tiles! - Help in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

stephenoneill

way to get rid of a hand print stain on encaustic rile.tiles were washed before sealing left to dry overnight sealed with lithofin .and now when the sun shines you can see a handprint visible:mad2:

Q

Qwerty

Not everybody has experience of encaustic tiles and we don't all visit the forum daily. You only posted yesterday afternoon so be patient and I'm sure somebody will help out.

Q

Qwerty

Have you tried phoning somebody like LTP, Fila or another sealant company or maybe a company that sells a lot of encaustic tiles?

Reaction score
How many tiles?.............the whole job?. if its just a few cant you just replace them?. Sorry I cant answer your question exactly, but hope it helps.

S

stephenoneill

thanks for the reply yeah i just replaced the whole tile.was just looking to see if anybody had a siniliar experience and how they handles it

T

Time's Ran Out

Thread title didn't inspire me to look originally!
Your removing remedy would have been the only suggestion I would've had to overcome the hand mark, however it highlights the importance of sealing the encaustics before they are fixed.
Being made of neat coloured cement they are extremely porous - like blotting paper - and as such dust off with a clean brush, handle on the sides, and seal. Allow to fully dry and work clean while fixing. I wouldn't recommend washing the tiles prior to sealing as uneven absorption and drying will cause the sealer to dry patchy.

Original thread title was - 'what's the easiest'

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to hand print stain on encaustic tiles! - Help in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen