Search the forum,

Discuss Hand Made Custom Mosaic Options in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

MCTile

Hello. I am working a 20 yr old floor that is getting retiled. Large room. The customer wants to install a mosaic mural or "rug" effect within the floor. I have no problems making a picture framed section of the floor that is an artistic feature within the installation. It would look great.

My question however....

Does anyone have any inputs on making a very custom mosaic piece of artwork, installed piece by piece that the rest of the installation will be installed around, as opposed to doing the typical installation made from mosaic sheets or cutting tiles down and creating a pattern within the floor. Has anyone done a very handmade piece of artwork like this?...how long did it take and how much would one charge to install something as painful to make. It would be more a piece of artwork instead of just installing tile. Maybe a combination of the two would work too.

Gallery

On the fourth row there is a picture of a blue and white swirl with a little girl laying across this proposed installation.

Last edited by a moderator:
U

user123

MC, you are talking to me here, did you know that? :hurray: I can make you any artistic mosaic you fancy, please take a look at my albums, website, etc and we can talk... :)

H

hillhead

Welcome to the forum MC, most definitely speak to Mosaic Girl above as she is a mosaic pro with spectacular pieces created already.

S

Stewart

Would highly recommend Mosaic Girl for custom mosaics. I haven't seen better, so you should defo get in touch.

Reply to Hand Made Custom Mosaic Options in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen