Search the forum,

Discuss Gyvlon Screed in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

wayne

TF
Reaction score
Got 115 sqm metres of porcelain to do through 7 rooms on this screed. Ufh throughout it all. Would you recommend ditra or not? The screed doesn't seem to have any laitenance on it but does it still need sanding,if so what do you recommend to sand it with? Only done small areas of this screed before so used a belt sander or cupped grinder for them cheers.

S

Stef

All calcium sulphate screeds must be sanded to remove the laitance, if you don't there's a very good chance the tiles wil lift clean off the screed.
With porcelain tiles I personally wouldn't bother fixing Ditra, I would give it one coat of TileMaster prime plus (5-1) & then stick them down with Anhyfix.
This is after I have tested the floor to make sure it's dry enough to tile.

wayne

TF
Reaction score
It's getting commissioned next week. I'm supposed to start around the 10th may. It's been down 5 weeks they told me

S

Stef

It's getting commissioned next week. I'm supposed to start around the 10th may. It's been down 5 weeks they told me
I would get a test done on that floor before I even thought about tiling it especially if your fixing porcelain.

wayne

TF
Reaction score
Will do mate. Builder seems pretty clued up and is willing to listen to advice,which is a change for once

S

Stef

I would be removing that laitance asap as it will end up baked on the surface once that heating gets commissioned.

Reply to Gyvlon Screed in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen