Search the forum,

Discuss Gypsum based adhesives in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
This is a knauff product which I believe he imports from Belgium. What is relevance of coal powered fire station is their a by production it

The raw material is harvested from the waste from coal fire power stations . When you burn coal you but lots of sulphur compounds into the atmosphere causing acid rain. the way they control this is by using "scrubbers" to pull the sulphur compounds out of the system and tie them up as Calcium sulphate. this is then calcined at relatively high temperature to form the Alpha Hemi Hydrate. Its more environmentally friendly than cement but not as good as Anhydrite.

Another cement replacement product PFA is also harvested from the same source and this is in world wide shortage at present de to the closure of so many coal fired stations. it sort of follows that Alpha Hemi will go the same way at some point.

D

Dumbo

The raw material is harvested from the waste from coal fire power stations . When you burn coal you but lots of sulphur compounds into the atmosphere causing acid rain. the way they control this is by using "scrubbers" to pull the sulphur compounds out of the system and tie them up as Calcium sulphate. this is then calcined at relatively high temperature to form the Alpha Hemi Hydrate. Its more environmentally friendly than cement but not as good as Anhydrite.

Another cement replacement product PFA is also harvested from the same source and this is in world wide shortage at present de to the closure of so many coal fired stations. it sort of follows that Alpha Hemi will go the same way at some point.
Thanks . You should be that bloke that does the science on telly .

Rosco100

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Have used Tilemaster's Anhyfix lots of times and have sold plenty with no issues apart from when I tried to get a chipped tile off of the floor and boy it took some hold !

Reply to Gypsum based adhesives in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen