Search the forum,

Discuss Gypsum backer board, Mapie grout and soundproofing. in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

K

KateJ

ooohhh!!! What's hardie? What's a single part adhesive? So sound proof membrane at the bottom??? It's the great British Tile off! xx

Rich Midge

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Think I'd go with a 6mm Marmox type board then the soundproofing. All glued and siliconed around the perimeter. I'd imagine you may get more sound transferred through mechanical fixings.

K

KateJ

You guys are so great!!! the Mapei product looks good for footsteps but not airborne noise (coming up from his stereo below). Couldn't see in the spec - can it go down onto my chipboard floor?
Does it matter where the membrane goes - its blocking sound anywhere surely. I'd feel uneasy aobut tiling onto that stuff and not the hardie board. xx

K

KateJ

Well - thats two products to look at tomorrow - can ring the manufacturers... Not gypsum then...?

xx

Reply to Gypsum backer board, Mapie grout and soundproofing. in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen