Search the forum,

Discuss grout stained porcelain in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Matt

thanks,but do you think any of the lithofins or lpt products will clean it off for me.

It depends what is causing the problem. If it is grout haze, then LTP Grimex should do it.

As Dave says, Porcelain has a very low porosity level, so the chances of the grout "soaking in" are pretty much none, which points to grout that has keyed into the pores on the surface.

We need to identify the problem to find the right solution, pics would be great if you can :)

Edit: When you look at the edge of the tile, what does it look like?

M

macken

thanks matt.i will try the grimex,hopefully it is as dave says and is only in the pores.
when you look at side of tile the top 3mm is black and the bottom is grey.
the surface of tile is like a school blackboard.

M

Matt

thanks matt.i will try the grimex,hopefully it is as dave says and is only in the pores.
when you look at side of tile the top 3mm is black and the bottom is grey.
the surface of tile is like a school blackboard.

Is the bottom grey with black specks in it?

M

macken

the tiles are charcoal grey underneath with a white ish spots/fleck.
id say jay`s picture is very like them.hopefully he has the answer.
i wont be seeing tiles again till next week,so i welcome all possible solutions to my problem.thanks.

J

jay

hi macken the tiles in pics are polished porc only came across then 3 monthes ago since have laid black ones ans sand color had to de wax all 3 and apply 3 coates of good impregnator i always thout porc was the same color right through but these are diff hope it helps:8:(reason for 3 imp as norm 2 didnt do the job)

D

DHTiling

Hi jamie...To me it looks like one of those bonded porcelain and stone tiles...you have a porcelain body tile and a thin stone bonded to the surface...quite a few of these coming on the market...seems they are alot cheaper to make than solid stone ...i have seen some glass bonded to porcelain bodied tiles as well...

M

Matt

hi macken the tiles in pics are polished porc only came across then 3 monthes ago since have laid black ones ans sand color had to de wax all 3 and apply 3 coates of good impregnator i always thout porc was the same color right through but these are diff hope it helps:8:(reason for 3 imp as norm 2 didnt do the job)

Porcelain is the same colour throughout when it is full through body procelain. The pics you show are of Double Loaded porcelain, it is a cheaper way of making polished porcelain. Still gives the same finish, just cheaper to manufacture and to buy :)

M

macken

thanks for all the help.can ye reccommend what products to use.the shop i use sells lithofin cement away and lithofin impregnater.

Reply to grout stained porcelain in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen