Search the forum,

Discuss grout stained porcelain in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

macken

hi, last week i laid a 60x60 black porcelain tile,that the shop said were sealed and didnt need sealing.while grouting with the dreaded black grout i noticed the tile absorbing the grout.all tiles now have that framed look where i got grout on.any help please.

D

DHTiling

hi, last week i laid a 60x60 black porcelain tile,that the shop said were sealed and didnt need sealing.while grouting with the dreaded black grout i noticed the tile absorbing the grout.all tiles now have that framed look where i got grout on.any help please.

A fully vitrified tile does not absorb moisture to the extent of picture framing.

Fully vitified porcelain is 0,05% moisture absorbent and practically won't soak moisture in.

this sounds more like grout clinging to the open pores of the tiles surface...:thumbsup:

M

macken

hi dave,not sure if polished or not.they are dull on top and if you look at clay there seems to be 2 layers.any tips on removing grout stains thanks.

D

DHTiling

if you look at clay there seems to be 2 layers

That sounds more like a vitified porcelenato and can be a glazed or rough textured tile...

Have you got a pic or tile name..?

Reply to grout stained porcelain in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen