Search the forum,

Discuss Grout stain in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Just tiled and grouted this floor, cream 'rak' porcel with brown grout [emoji15]
grouted and cleaned normally.
It says nothing about sealing ont box and have never sealed them before , so im a bit miffed [emoji16]
Its stained the tiles , ive used these before with dark grout no problems, any ideas of the cleaning lads , is it possible or am i FUBAR ?
a8d497fbcf6619112a10d69b282360d1.jpg
75c89caef70f4909f24c53da2dabfb96.jpg

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Sorry been out all day diving, bloody freezing [emoji16]
Andy used tilemaster grout 3000,
Cheers dave , I'm not panicking that much [emoji15], ok maybe just a tad .
Do I do it a tile at a time ,I take it you don't cover the grout lines with it .
Cheers again

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Btw....in future ive used bal temporary sealer, works a treat in these circumstances, hope you manage to get it sorted ..

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Sorry been out all day diving, bloody freezing [emoji16]
Andy used tilemaster grout 3000,
Cheers dave , I'm not panicking that much [emoji15], ok maybe just a tad .
Do I do it a tile at a time ,I take it you don't cover the grout lines with it .
Cheers again

Try solvex first ( it's cheaper ) and do one tile and see how it goes. They are not acidic cleaners , so won't harm the grout.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Try solvex first ( it's cheaper ) and do one tile and see how it goes. They are not acidic cleaners , so won't harm the grout.

The bloke got a grout residue remover ,the lithothin rep said try that 1st, so I did on one tile, it Faded a bit but was still visible, so we came to the conclusion (me and the gaffer of the kitchen firm I tile for) to bite the bullet and take them up and re do,kitchen was being fitted Wednesday ,he pay for tiles I tile it again for nowt :(
Then we Sent lads up to take floor up and the tile I tried to clean was spotless ? So we did it again and it looks like it's worked, going back up in the morning to see if it's still clear or if it was just a figment of my vivid imagination .
Cheers for the help chaps , fingers crossed ��

Reply to Grout stain in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen