Search the forum,

Discuss Grout or silicone in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hello. Looking for a bit of advice.
Just finished tiling a bathroom and grouting now. There’s boxing/shelves around the bath. Question is do I grout or silicone the internals. There’s no shower above.. my worry is that it’s going to be a family bathroom with the kids likely splashing around and wet shampoo bottles etc sitting on the shelve.
I have plenty colour matched silicone and grout but wanted to ask any of the pros first

also what do you reckon about colour matching silicone round the bath?. Or just white? Was thinking in future it might be simpler to replace just going with the white.

Cheers

Attachments

• image.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 27

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
all internal corners should be silicone with colour match silicone to the grout.
colour or white round the bath is a personal choice, I prefer to see white, but there's no wrong or right answer.

Reaction score
Cheers Andy. I wasn’t sure because it’s not an area that’s constantly going to be wet like an internal corner in a shower.. just the splashing about with the kids etc
made me think about it.
Need to make a note of the colour matched silicone I’m using for the future for replacing.

appreciate the advice. 👍

Reply to Grout or silicone in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen