Discuss Grout or Silicone in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Gnasher

TF
Reaction score
Hi

I am tiling a conservatory floor with porcelain tiles and the walls are unplastered face brick. Do I grout or silicon where the two materials join?

Thanks.

Gnasher

T

Time's Ran Out

There should always be an expansion joint around any perimeter therefore I'd suggest both! Fill the gap with a rubber silicone then grout on top up to the brickwork. Leaving some grout for when it cracks.
I've filled it just with grout in the past and on settlement ( due to other factors) the grout pulled the glaze off the tile!

I

Italy

attention to brick, with silicone.
use neutral silicone or acrylic.
no acetyl.
brick, it absorbs, anointed.

Reply to Grout or Silicone in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi Guys, I've recently tiled my own bathroom and all went well but I have noticed about an inch...
Replies
Views
Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views
Hi any advice on what would go with what. I've layed off white tiles on floor with grey...
Replies
Views
Hi, hoping someone can help with advice. We purchased 600 x 600 tiles for our bathroom floor...
Replies
Views
Hi looking for advice laying these floor tiles. My bathroom is chipboard. I’m going to get...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay