Search the forum,

Discuss Grout line size 2mm or 3mm in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi All, about to tile my bathroom walls with 600mm x 150mm tiles and not sure whether to use 2mm or 3mm grout lines also using the same tiles on the floor what would the grout line size normally be with the floor tile, Thanks in advance.

W

WetSaw

If the tiles are rectified or good size wise I'd use 2mm with stacked layout. Brick bond you'll need to make sure the tiles aren't bowed, in which case you may need a bigger grout gap.

Reaction score
If the tiles are rectified or good size wise I'd use 2mm with stacked layout. Brick bond you'll need to make sure the tiles aren't bowed, in which case you may need a bigger grout gap.
Thanks, pdc think I will go safe with 3mm on walls and match 3mm on floor as I think tiles have slight bowing , might give me a bit more room for errors.

W

WetSaw

Put a couple face to face and see what they're like. Levelling clips can help reduce the bowing.

Reply to Grout line size 2mm or 3mm in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen