Search the forum,

Discuss Grout haze over walls and floor. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

O

On one

If it is obvious that grout haze is going to be a problem(Probably is by the time you have read this) I would just leave the floor alone. The more you go over it,the more grout you will wash out of the joints.
Leave the floor until tomorrow morning,give Lithofin Tech Dept a ring and they will sort you out for what you need to do.
This info is very dependant on your situation though.......walls,floors,risk of acid etching surrounding fittings,type of grout???? and so on. So a bit more info required.

Hate to be negative, but I had this issue with porcelain floor tiles.
Tiles were lightish wood affect, used a "Tobacco" colour grout. Grouted the 4mx4m room and then cleaned off. The grout left a haze which turned out to be a stain.
Hit it with all I could plus advice and the room is the same, no better.
Faced with the rest house to do on that level.
After grouting 1mm joints the grout was removed much quicker and frequently. It worked and proved the grout was staining.

Reply to Grout haze over walls and floor. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for advice on fixing a few problems that a professional left me with. He of course has not responded to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement