Search the forum,

Discuss Grout, grout and grout in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Simon Dale

TF
Esteemed
Esteemed
Reaction score
Polymer modified cement based grouts are more flexible than epoxy. Or at least they are in Mapei's case.

Kerapoxy vs Ultracolour Plus as an example:

Flexural Strength (N/mm2): KP = 31, UCP = 9
Compressive Strength (N/mm2): KP = 55, UCP = 35
Hi Paul. Posted this on the TT forum hope you dont mind ? No name mentioned just the facts :)

T

Tile Shop

It doesn't exactly. But a grout that can resist that much flexural pressure ain't gonna be that flexible is it. Its rigid, its higher density and solid as ****. Grout needs to have a lower denisity and capillaries in it to allow flex and limited movement. Epoxy doesn't have that.

Like i said, there isn't a test for actual flexibility defined by any standards, but the flexural strength is a good indicater.

Don't have to take my word for it. Ask Bal, ask Mapei, ask Ardex..... Or do your own test.

Rule of thumb i was taught and have stuck to for 20 years:
CG1 - not flexible
CG2 - flexible
Epoxy - flexible but nowhere near as flexible as CG2

T

Tile Shop

None. I've cleaned the float after use. honest ;)

More like i've left it and forgot about it for a few weeks and "borrowed" a new one from stock.

Reply to Grout, grout and grout in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen