Search the forum,

Discuss Green screed in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Ttt1601

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hello ladies and gents

Asking for a bit of advise from those of you with a bit more experience with green screeds. Floor went down a week ago, was going to tile with bal green screed, put a level on the floor earlier today and ohh dear, I've seen smaller lumps and bumps on a page three girl.

Its only a 2m x 2m bathroom floor, The builder has got me some screed master latex, moister resistant stuff, supposedly fine for green screed.

My question is after the latex do I still need to use the bal green screed or can i just use normal rapid set flex? Cheers in advance for the help

J

J Sid

I would use Ditra uncoupling membrane myself, stuck with normal cement based adhesive rather than the green screed route.

Ttt1601

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I've already bought the green screed so happy to use it or a uncoupling membrane, builder will be charged accordingly because it's his appauling screed that's caused to issue just never had this before, so am a bit nervy

L

LM

I use at least 1 pallet of Green Screed sometimes double it every 3/4 weeks and so have had loads of experience with it. Just how badly out is the floor? There's a 40% tolerance built into that adhesive for idiots who want to go too deep for BAL to stand over it.
What type of tiles are you using for a start?
For a 4mtr floor I'd be surprised if you couldn't build them up and allow an extra day to dry due to the climate before grouting.
BAL will not want you crossing brands, you may be advised to use Ardex NA as a leveller instead.

Ttt1601

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I know it's only a tiny floor but if you put a 6ft level on it, only touches in a couple of spots with a 6/7mm hollows or highs I can't actually tell as none of it is flat enough to figure a level from, then there is a sort ramp up to the door to try and bring it level to the next room of about 7/8mm. It's 600 x 300 porc going on it. Have had a hell of alot of trouble with the walls too, wish I had walked away yesterday now:(. I know bal won't want cross branding but o am very tight on time, need to get it done by Friday really

Reply to Green screed in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen