Search the forum,

Discuss Google+... will it take over facebook. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Nope.

You all know how much a fan of Google I am. And I don't think they'll do it I'm afraid. Though I wish them all the best with it. (Just in case they're watching!)

Facebook new registrations are on the decline in the UK. Not saying they're still not getting bigger, they are. They're just getting bigger slower and even FB are worried, they've paid millions to "Analysis's" to do reports to try and find out why that is.

Even though, it's still the one place that's made it before the rest. Same with eBay, Google, Microsoft for PC's, Apple for TouchScreen Phones. And tilersforums.com for Tile Forums haha. Once you've made it in markets which are new, and you help shape the way it's done, you don't get overtaken easily.

Just like Google's previous two version of this, Buzz and eeerm, the other one I never even heard about but read the name the other day and I've forgotten it, this Google+ isn't worth investing your time in as a business, and hardly worth registering to as a personal user. You'll already have your existing contacts in Facebook, so why have two sets of contacts going?

Just my 2p.

U

user123

Nope.

You all know how much a fan of Google I am. And I don't think they'll do it I'm afraid. Though I wish them all the best with it. (Just in case they're watching!)

Facebook new registrations are on the decline in the UK. Not saying they're still not getting bigger, they are. They're just getting bigger slower and even FB are worried, they've paid millions to "Analysis's" to do reports to try and find out why that is.

Even though, it's still the one place that's made it before the rest. Same with eBay, Google, Microsoft for PC's, Apple for TouchScreen Phones. And tilersforums.com for Tile Forums haha. Once you've made it in markets which are new, and you help shape the way it's done, you don't get overtaken easily.

Just like Google's previous two version of this, Buzz and eeerm, the other one I never even heard about but read the name the other day and I've forgotten it, this Google+ isn't worth investing your time in as a business, and hardly worth registering to as a personal user. You'll already have your existing contacts in Facebook, so why have two sets of contacts going?

Just my 2p.

Oh, they could pay me and loads of others of the same opinion, they shouldn't have mucked about with the version they had working perfectly say, what, 2 years ago? Since then all the phaffing with redesigns has been offputting, and much of the fun has gone out of it, the fun applications which were safe and easily accessible really don't feature any more, a bit like reducing the iphone to a mere phone, it has to be fun!

As to the the Google+, personally I am starting to suffer online fatique, so am not going to jump on yet another social network saddle, I'm struggling to keep up as it is, there is a REAL life out there! I had a look at the Google+ preview and someone said they share too much on FB and not enough on Twitter, maybe Google will get it right, but in the end it will be a personal choice, myspace went downhill quite rapidly, didn't it? FB is supposed to be yet updated again, let's see what happens with that.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
MySpace as sort of levelled off now and is heavily orientated around bands and their followers, of which there is an increasing number what with all these tv shows about that sort of stuff. At least from what I can tell and have read.

Google should have bought FaceBook and Twitter. That would have been cool. FaceOogle and TwOogle. haha.

U

user123

MySpace as sort of levelled off now and is heavily orientated around bands and their followers, of which there is an increasing number what with all these tv shows about that sort of stuff. At least from what I can tell and have read.

Google should have bought FaceBook and Twitter. That would have been cool. FaceOogle and TwOogle. haha.

Nope, no way. Don't like all this google domination. It's handy for now, but it also gives me the creeps. Too much power already.

D

doug boardley

I'd like google to take over FB,,,,,,if they got rid of farmville, cityville and all those other daft apps!

U

user123

I'd like google to take over FB,,,,,,if they got rid of farmville, cityville and all those other daft apps!

Just block the, Doug. If you get any friends' updates with them on, when you delete that on your homepage you can opt to stop notifications about them altogether, and it works a treat, :thumbsup: can't be doing with them either..

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Block the apps doug as you see 'em in your news feed. I spent only a few days (as you see the same ones all the time) bothering with doing it and 90% had stopped. The other 10% I've worked through over the months just as and when I see them. They're normally not the common ones like the 'Villes' and 'Wars' ones.

Reply to Google+... will it take over facebook. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen