Search the forum,

Discuss Getting grout off ceramic tiles clean in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

m4rky

Then get him back he hasnt finished yet...........

This is what we intend to do. He did clean the tiles when he finished but when they are wet they look great! Its when they dry they get the haze.
He has said he'll come back on Thurs/Fri this week and use a mild brick acid on them.

But I thought I would give it a go myself:
A) because I wanted it done quicker than Turs/Fri.
and B) Wanted to use something milder than acid first.

topps do resideu remover which is a grout film remover and also do grout clean up pads which is an abrasive pad with 4 different roughness of pads

Yep bought these. I got FILA Grout Residue Remover (Neutral), not the acid based one. I also got the pad set.

I spent hours over the weekend scrubbing the walls and a fair bit has come off but there is still a haze over most of the tiles.
The two non-abrasive pads have now completely disintegrated.
So I have given up.

Thanks for all your advice.

Mark

T

TilingLogistics

Right, I am busy Wednesday to Friday this week and off on holiday next week until 29th July. If your tiler doesn't get it sorted and you are still unhappy. I would be prepared come up and do it for you as long as you cover my fuel and expenses if that is any good to you.

Kev

Reply to Getting grout off ceramic tiles clean in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen