Search the forum,

Discuss Geraldine in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mags

:welcome: Ello love tell us , where do you come from and what do you do (in my best cilla accent).

G

Geraldine

Yaye ! hi every one, you're all so friendly with loads of welcomes. :thumbsup:
What can I say...I live in Weston-super-Mare (born and bred) with my hubby. we both like to do diy stuff, ours and help friends with theirs. I spose we're quite handy gardeners as well. Our project at the mo is our kitchen. Total refit going on.....so far so good but was wondering about glass mosaic tiling. Usual questions - do I or don't I. Is it really hard or easier than ceramic cos of big sheets of it.
So I'm still undecided. Any views or thoughts are good.
Cheers everyone !! Thanks.

D

davy_G

Welcome Geraldine,

Glass mosaic is OK as long as you set out correctly and there are not too many objects to cut round. If its just a matter of trimming sheets then its alot easier:thumbsup:

T

Time's Ran Out

:welcome:Geraldine - My wife and I have fond memories of Western super mare - 28 years ago! A lovely place.
Glass mosaics - small of large - how big an area - kitchen splashbacks- need a glass cutter, tile cutter or wet wheel.
Must use ultra white adhesive and the skill is not to make the tiling look as though it comes on sheets.
You'll need a rubber squeegee to push the tiles flat onto the walls and also to grout and an adhesive trowel that will not put more adhesive on the wall than necessary ie.4mm depth ( clean all joints before grouting).
With mosaics the preparation of the walls is essential - the smooth/flat surface to tile on will provide a smooth/flat tiled wall.:thumbsup:

Timeless John.

Reply to Geraldine in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm searching for 42 pieces of 12" x 12" Verde Alpi marble tiles. Preferably honed. 12" x 24"...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys have a big gap above tray to fill 2cm high 1cm deep (3/4in x 1/2in) Any suggestions...
Replies
Views
I'm Looking For This Tile Porcelanosa Town White Polish 595mm
I'm looking for a few Porcelanosa Town White Polish / Pulido floor tiles - badly laid in my new...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen