Search the forum,

Discuss Geometric/ Victorian course. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

R

rj1884

Hi Phil. I would definitely interested. Been tiling for about a year now so not sure if its a bit to early to be doing this but would definitely like to learn.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Thanks to all the members who have shown interest in this thread, I'm sure we can put together a comprehensive,easy to follow step by step tutorial, If TJ and I can't do it, then this skill will go the way of the dinosaurs.

Before anyone says it, yes TJ and I are Dinosaurs:lol:

T

trevortine

Phil this is an amazing opportunity. I've done a couple of these which turned out well but have to admit took a bit of time regarding setting out. Hats off to you and tj for sharing your life long skills. I would defo be up for this and will travel anywhere to learn and appreciate this fine art. Good on you fella!

S

Saltire69

Would travel as well Phil. Not alot off call for it here but would be interested in the course.

T

Just a few pics to show a pretty simple set out, this is the type of thing TJ and I would like to pass on to people who would like to attend the course. I am coming to the end of this one, the pics are not the best, but you will get the gist. NB. no double headers/ on point buff squares in border, no overlaps etc. variable within a couple of mm.

I am trying to show how with some good setting out, and some thought, anyone, once taught the techniques can achieve the pleasing overall effect.:thumbsup:

Attachments

• cs2.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 47
  • cs3.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 45
  • cs4.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 45
  • cs5.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 46
  • cs6.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 42
  • cs11.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 41
  • cs10.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 41
  • cs9.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 44
  • cs8.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 44
  • cs7.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 49
  • cs15.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 42
  • cs14.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 43
  • cs13.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 44
  • cs12.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 45
T

Just todays update, variable gone in, I did ask if they would like a threshold feature but they declined, I did suggest they took the border into the stairs as is the traditional way, but the customer is always right.

Attachments

• v5.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 30
  • v4.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 33
  • v3.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 28
  • v2.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 29
  • v1.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 28
  • v6.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 33
  • v7.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 29
  • v8.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 31
  • v9.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 28
T

Nice work Phil.

Do you reckon you'll be video taping it and having some sort of DVD?

The course you mean Peter? good idea. We could do with some help putting a slide show together on the course, I have got the pics and I'm sure TJ has, but not sure how to project them on to a large screen, but yeah a vid would be good.
Be good to put some names to faces.

Reply to Geometric/ Victorian course. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen