Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Geometric/ Victorian course. in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

jonnyc

strangely i was just going to look up your photo albums to see what lay out options you made on geometric floors as i was not that impressed with original style and thought photos of your work would be a better reference.
and then i found this post of yours

andyq

TF
Reaction score
you can count me in as well Phil.
What an awesome opportunity not only to meet and learn from you but to also meet lots of people off this fantastic site :hurray:
I look forward to it

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Do we have a guesstimate on location and price yet? Let me know where when and how much. :)

I've pencilled this in and am willing to shift just about anything out of the diary for it.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Do we have a guesstimate on location and price yet? Let me know where when and how much. :)

I've pencilled this in and am willing to shift just about anything out of the diary for it.

Thanks Dan, that means a lot, but still early days yet. TJ is away for a couple of weeks, we will get together when he is back.

It will take some planning, so I think the new year may be the earliest. I spoke to Dave Rowley from Bal today and he was right behind the idea, he kindly offered us the use of his training work shop, also the training adhesives they use.

I will approach Original Style/ Olde English, to see if they would be willing to donate some field tiles and borders, to use in the lessons, we would not need great quantities. As we could re-use the tiles, thanks to Bal's kind offer of training adhesive.

I will be attending the next TTA fixer training committee meeting on 6th Nov 2013 at Bal, there are at least five lecturers from colleges up and down the country who sit on the committee, so I hope we may be offered their support, and maybe they might invite us to do the course at there venues.

Thanks for your support Dan, it looks like the first one may be on your doorstep.:thumbsup:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Dan, that means a lot, but still early days yet. TJ is away for a couple of weeks, we will get together when he is back.

It will take some planning, so I think the new year may be the earliest. I spoke to Dave Rowley from Bal today and he was right behind the idea, he kindly offered us the use of his training work shop, also the training adhesives they use.

I will approach Original Style/ Olde English, to see if they would be willing to donate some field tiles and borders, to use in the lessons, we would not need great quantities. As we could re-use the tiles, thanks to Bal's kind offer of training adhesive.

I will be attending the next TTA fixer training committee meeting on 6th Nov 2013 at Bal, there are at least five lecturers from colleges up and down the country who sit on the committee, so I hope we may be offered their support, and maybe they might invite us to do the course at there venues.

Thanks for your support Dan, it looks like the first one may be on your doorstep.:thumbsup:

Keep me posted Phil.

J

johnryan

sounds great, would you be doing one in the south or would it involve a trip north? either way would definitely be interested in going. have done a couple of simple types of these floors before, so could probably do with some formal training from proper experts, as had to turn down a good few due to not wanting to get out of my depth. look forward to any more news on this front. will there be auto emails on any future posts as been very busy lately and don't always get time to get on here much atm. cheers.

john

T

sounds great, would you be doing one in the south or would it involve a trip north? either way would definitely be interested in going. have done a couple of simple types of these floors before, so could probably do with some formal training from proper experts, as had to turn down a good few due to not wanting to get out of my depth. look forward to any more news on this front. will there be auto emails on any future posts as been very busy lately and don't always get time to get on here much atm. cheers.

john

John, we are in the early stages atm, it will be in the new year, and maybe done in a roadshow foremat.

Depending on the interest generated, if we can source venues all over the UK, then we could come to you, regarding the auto emails I hope Dan might help, sorry Dan...:yikes:

J

johnryan

fantastic, will be eagerly looking forward to more news on this for sure. cheers.

john

Reaction score
hi phil i would be very interested but maybe a bit near to you ?? .how about if i promise to never quote on any of your work(quality not withstanding of course) LOL

chris.tiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Definitely interested in a great opportunity....if you can bring it close enough to my location. Bound to be able to drum up some others as well via my contacts. Cheers for a great idea

R

rj1884

Hi Phil. I would definitely interested. Been tiling for about a year now so not sure if its a bit to early to be doing this but would definitely like to learn.

T

Thanks to all the members who have shown interest in this thread, I'm sure we can put together a comprehensive,easy to follow step by step tutorial, If TJ and I can't do it, then this skill will go the way of the dinosaurs.

Before anyone says it, yes TJ and I are Dinosaurs:lol:

T

trevortine

Phil this is an amazing opportunity. I've done a couple of these which turned out well but have to admit took a bit of time regarding setting out. Hats off to you and tj for sharing your life long skills. I would defo be up for this and will travel anywhere to learn and appreciate this fine art. Good on you fella!

S

Saltire69

Would travel as well Phil. Not alot off call for it here but would be interested in the course.

Reply to Geometric/ Victorian course. in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks