Search the forum,

Discuss general tip for tiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Tenchman

This might be helpful to some tilers, there are times when i might be putting thousands of pieces of tiles or mosaic down, if i wore gloves they would become useless because of the adhesive that inevitably gets stuck to them as you fiddle around fixing them.

So you fix without gloves and the end of your fingers nearly wear out ! others might have had this happen to them ?

I now use a spray of plastic skin it is sold in most chemists it wears off but it is quite cheap and saves your fingers plus your fingers are more adept without gloves.

Hope that is useful same applies if you don't like wearing gloves when grouting although could work out pricey doing that. Cheers Steve

Y

Yorkshire Tiling Services

Thanks
how easy is plastic skin to remove ?
My hands are well knackered,do not like gloves.
I don't mind having rough hands, until my wife complains, if you known what I mean !

T

Tenchman

Dead easy just scrubs off with soap etc. need to put couple of coats on but it lasts for long time i find it better for fiddly bits like triangles in my job but if you don't like gloves it is good.

Might i suggest that a good wet or dry barrier cream would be good as well and last but not least E45 for use after work = wife happy :hurray:

Y

Yorkshire Tiling Services

The phrase
"You are not coming anywhere near me with those hands", rings a bell !

D

doug boardley

I'm thinking it could also be used while sealing stone, save getting body oil from your hands onto the stone just before you seal it. Good post Steve:thumbsup:

Reply to general tip for tiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen