Search the forum,

Discuss General Advice: Looks like VAT is going to hit 20% in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 1779

General advise is that the VAT rate may go up to 20%

If there are any equipment purchases that you are thinking about
AND YOU ARE NOT VAT REGISTERED it could be better to do them now

*** news *** news *** news
Economists have warned that VAT may have to rise to 20% if the UK is going to make significant inroads into the budget deficit.
In a bid to restore market confidence, which feels the measures outlined so far by the new government will not do enough to tackle the debt problem, economists expect to see a significant hike in the VAT rate.

A rise to 20% would cost each household £425 but could be introduced without breaking Conservative or Liberal Democrat manifesto pledges, reports the Guardian.

Our bathroom fitters kit would rise from £49.99 to £51.05 if VAT hits the 20% level this year.

kit2.jpg

Get them while you can at £49.99 (£7.15 per drill)
The VAT rise will affect all tool purchases including
PORSADRILL from 365Drills.

tile_drill5.jpg

M

mikethetile

Re: General Advise: Looks like VAT is going to hit 20%

General advise is that the VAT rate may go up to 20%

If there are any equipment purchases that you are thinking about
AND YOU ARE NOT VAT REGISTERED it could be better to do them now

*** news *** news *** news
Economists have warned that VAT may have to rise to 20% if the UK is going to make significant inroads into the budget deficit.
In a bid to restore market confidence, which feels the measures outlined so far by the new government will not do enough to tackle the debt problem, economists expect to see a significant hike in the VAT rate.

A rise to 20% would cost each household £425 but could be introduced without breaking Conservative or Liberal Democrat manifesto pledges, reports the Guardian.

Our bathroom fitters kit would rise from £49.99 to £51.05 if VAT hits the 20% level this year.

kit2.jpg

Get them while you can at £49.99 (£7.15 per drill)
The VAT rise will affect all tool purchases including
PORSADRILL from 365Drills.

tile_drill5.jpg

I got shot down for mentioning this last week, but I think its on the cards, the government hass a sneaky way of leaking these things to gauge the markets reaction

Reply to General Advice: Looks like VAT is going to hit 20% in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.