Search the forum,

Discuss Garage Floor Tiling Do's & Dont's in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Lakey

TF
Reaction score
Hi

Have a garage floor to price up.
The customer wants 600mm x 600mm porcelain.
Want to price it right but haven't done a garage before.
It it a case of SLC & ditra?
Also are there particular Adhesives/Grouts recommended?
Finally would I need a particular grade of porcelain bearing in mind there will be 2 cars parked in it?

Many thanks!

030.JPG 031.JPG 032.JPG 033.JPG

W

WetSaw

Full coverage is a must. SLC if the floor isn't flat enough. Is there a damp course under the concrete? I don't see the need for a decoupling membrane and wouldn't have thought Ditra would be suitable anyway.

Lakey

TF
Reaction score
Full coverage is a must. SLC if the floor isn't flat enough. Is there a damp course under the concrete? I don't see the need for a decoupling membrane and wouldn't have thought Ditra would be suitable anyway.
Not sure about DPM but I would assume so.
If not is a paintable one sufficient?
There is a slight crack through the centre so would an antifracture mat be required?

B

Bill

I have tiled loads of garage floors, loads of concrete external paths/steps/patios and not once have I worried about a DPM because I use a suitable adhesive. A quality S2 would be more than enough.

Q

Qwerty

Tilemaster one worked well for me in the past. I have also used Mapei mapetex and the @ISOMAT UK one is up there with both of them

Reply to Garage Floor Tiling Do's & Dont's in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen