Search the forum,

Discuss Flush Grout Joints in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

skymole

Hi everyone

I have tiled a bathroom floor with large format basalt tiles with a 3mm joint
I have grouted a small area - I was hoping to acheive completely flush grout joints but am getting a small hollow - where am I going wrong? Should I be letting the grout go off for longer?
Any advice gratefully received

Best Regards
Sky

Andy Tiler

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I have tiled a bathroom floor with large format basalt tiles with a 3mm joint
I have grouted a small area - I was hoping to acheive completely flush grout joints but am getting a small hollow - where am I going wrong? Should I be letting the grout go off for longer?
Any advice gratefully received

Best Regards
Sky

Hi skymole the grout is not supposed to finish flush! But you could try letting it go off a bit longer before you wipe off. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S

skymole

I thought that was the deal but - had read a couple of things about flush grouting!
All sorted now - thanks very much for the reply

Reply to Flush Grout Joints in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen