Search the forum,

Discuss Floor Tiling over 22mil TG4 Peel Clean Caberdec Chip Board in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
I need to tile 2nd floor bathrooms in new builds. The existing floor is vinyl over the subfloor of 22 mil TG4 Caberdec Chip Board. Can I rip up the vinyl and tile directly over the chip board, or should I lay down hardibacker or other material first. If yes, what thickness would you recommend.

Reaction score
I think the gaberdek chipboard is the only one that they recommend tiling directly onto BUT I would always over board all day long, 6mm backer board would be fine. Cheers

Reply to Floor Tiling over 22mil TG4 Peel Clean Caberdec Chip Board in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen