Search the forum,

Discuss Floor tiling design dilemma in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

N

nbaker

Hi,

Sorry for my 2nd question of the day, but I like to plan & learn as much as possible before I undertake any project.

I will be soon tiling my kitchen floor with porcelain tiles which are 450mmx450mm and would like to incorporate a design using matching mosaic border which are 300mm x 75mm.

My problem is I would like to use this border as a feature only in the main central kitchen area (see pic) but this throws out the rest of the tiles being square and I would have to have a row of cut tiles which imo would look rubbish.

Sorry for my MS Paint skills (or lack of) the tiles should be square:lol: but hopefully you can see my problem.

floor-1.jpg

If you have any ideas how I can work round this or indeed any other designs I could use I would be very grateful.

Many thanks

Nige.

Last edited by a moderator:
N

nbaker

That would look very nice, but I still don't know how to position the tiles around the rectangular border to achieve the best look without too many cuts.

Is there any tile planning software around?

W

White Room

Dry lay the pattern on the floor and see what looks best and what cuts you will have

Reply to Floor tiling design dilemma in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen